Friday 26 September 2008

Fridays feature, BearlyTimeToScrap

Sorry I missed last week, I was away at a wedding

Had a great time and as soon as I get the picks there is a lovely fox story


Todays friday feature is http://bearlytimetoscrap.etsy.com/



What got you started needle felting?

I saw so many darling little needle felted critters while browsing on etsy. One day I just decided, "I can do that" and bought a kit! and so.. away I went!

How long have you been needle felting?

I've been needle felting for a only a few months now, but its very fun and I'm loving it!

Describe your style of work

Hmm.. well cutsie!! I like making little little animals and birds, harder to do.. but I love how adorable they turn out!



How do you promote your items?

I post on flickr, on tumblr and in the etsy forums a lot!

What/who inspires you?

Lots of things! My children, music playing, but mostly I'd say nature itself!

Can you remember what the 1st thing you made was?

Yep! I blue bird! It was very sad I though, but my kids loved it, so I gave it to them.. and then I had to make them a few more so they wouldn't fight over it!


What are you working on right now?

Currently I'm making a little series of tiny tiny birds in nests!




If you could only save one of your items from a fire which one would it be?

Definetly Dorian the Dragon. It took me soooooooo long to do (days and days and days) and was the hardest thing I've made so far. Plus, I really like dragons!

Do you have a funny felting moment??

Yes! When just starting I didn't realize that dogs like wool roving. Not until my partial creations kept disapearing off my work table. THe culprit? My little australian shepherd! Now I have to make sure everything is put away safely .. or it gets eaten!

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is fun! What a great way to learn about our felting friends...can't wait till I'm your feature!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! that artist's stuff is amazing! love the penguin.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails