Saturday 18 October 2008

Mia the rescue dog


I had no intention of getting another dog but this little girls face just said 'help me'
She was in a pound in Ireland that puts dogs to sleep after 5 days
I offered to foster her and a local charity were able to pull her to saftey and are working on getting her over here.
So now I am trying to think of ways to fundraise for her to get her medical treatment and to help the charity that is going to all the expense of getting her here.
One thing I am doing is a listing on my etsy for her
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=16336568

the idea is everyone who buys gets a 'thankyou' foto and then are entered into a draw to win a cusom fuzzy of their pet
If you would like to donate direct I have a paypal account pamduthie @ hotmail . com (remove the spaces)

Please tell everyone you know!! and if you have any more ideas for fundraising please let me know.
She is only 6 months old and deserves a better life than she has had up till now

She should be getting here monday or tuesday so I will keep her progress updated on here

5 comments:

  1. She's adorable! She looks like she has Queensland Heeler in her, so she's probably smart as a pistol. Thank you for saving such a precious life. She's going to be someone's best friend. I love her shaggy ears and sweet expression.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou
    oh I have never heard of a queensland heeler
    Will have to look into it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous dog...i'll put some money into your paypal account tomorrow. You are a sait for saving her life...she looks a smart one.

    Thank you soooo much for putting my work in a treasury. I would put your work in one ina heartbeat if I could get one...any tips on grabing a treasury spot?

    The art creations were done under the apple trees at my ma and pa's in France.

    What a miserable day it was today. We had plans on visiting the West End today, but ended up in the house and eating all day! Yum XX
    Hope you had a good Sunday and I look forward to hearing all about Mia.
    Lorna X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou so much that is really kind of you, Mia will really appreciate it - and so do I
    You are such a kind person

    well getting a treasury is basically a bit of maths and then boring staring at the screen

    Look at the number of treasuries there are on there and when it is kinda close to the number when they open up (333 for treasury 222 for west) then list them by expirey time and count how many you will need to expire before they open
    That tells you roughly the time you have to come back

    Then just sit and wait
    dont refresh
    when they are below that number a wee box opens, type in your title quick and then you have a treasury to work on

    Dont know if they will help much - but I know somone was going to buy something from my list!!

    Aww sorry you had a bad day, the weather was just so rubbish
    I have just been puppy proofing my house
    and I had a sit down with Ben and told him all about Mia coming and how he has to be nice with her
    he shook my hand at the end - so thats a deal :oD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your lovely comment. I'll keep at it for the treasury...I have so many ideas for good ones.
    Didn't really have a bad day yesterday...it was acctually lovely sitting doing nothing. It is a rare occurance :O)
    Just had a lovely bath with Miss G and now off up stairs to read stories before bed time.
    L XX

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails