Wednesday 3 December 2008

Mia's 3rd training class


I just got the foto of Ben just after he had his big win the other week

He looks really bored, I am so chuffed and a little shellshocked


Today Mia went to her 3rd ever training class.

Week one, she lunged and went mental every time a dog came close, she also attacked my trousers

But she did sit and lie down, heelwork was rubbish - lunging at dogs


This week so much better, lots of small dogs in class and she sniffed and said hello to them like a nice calm dog. A couple of lunges, one when I gave a friends dog a treat and another at a big collie she dosent like. Really so much better tho

I didnt have to shovel treats in all the time and she hardly barked at all

Got a nice stay from her and she walked quite nicely to a kind of heel. We also did a trick where she had to come then stop and sit, the trainer let us do that out in the corridor away from the other dogs and she was really getting it

and her 'leave it' is fantastic, I had a treat on my knee and then one in my hand and she just sat wagging her tail not even looking at them

She really is a smart girl

Still can be a bit agressive on the lead but getting better and bullies Ben sometimes and trys to stop him getting on the sofa

But she is improving

1 comment:

  1. Cheers for the comments...glad you liked my Top 10 Christmas tunes idea...hubby thought it was a crap idea, but what does he know!! hee hee X
    Sounds like you have been busy busy with your dawgs...do they both get pressies at Christmas?
    L XX

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails