Sunday 4 January 2009

Thankyou to the Dundalk Dog rescue


I just thought it was about time I mentioned the amazing people at the Dundalk dog rescue charity who saved Mia and many other dogs last year


These people, all volunteers, have the heartbreaking job of visiting the pound and photographing the stray dogs. They then have to try and find the dogs places to go before they can rescue them from the pound.


If a place is found in time then the volunteers take the dogs from the pound and often foster them in their own homes. The dogs are neutered, microchipped and vaccinated and quarinteened for a short while before transport is arranged to get these dogs to their new homes.


It must be such a heartbreaking, mainly thankless job to see all the little faces and know you can only help a few. But they are doing great work


Please drop by their website leave messages of support and if you can spare anything for them at this busy time, not just money - any spare food, toys collers bedding and towels would all be useful


and if you are thinking of a new dog some time this year - please consider rescuing


This blog post is part of Zemanta's "Blogging For a Cause" campaign to raise awareness and funds for worthy causes that bloggers care about.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like they are doing a fantastic job for the dogs in need of a good home.
    Happy New Year! Hope you had a good one? I'm just back from up north for New Years and had a lovely time. I'm still busy trying to get my knitting orders out on time!! I'm looking forward to the end of the week when it should all be done.
    I am soooo far behind with my blogging....lots to catch up on.
    Love L XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there

    Ive just been reading your blog about your Mia and the Dundalk Dog Rescue. Im a journalist with the Argus newspaper in Dundalk and I think your story would be a nice way of highlighting the work that Dundalk Dog Rescue does, especially at this time of year when people abandon their Christmas pets. Let me know if you're interested. You can email me at annecampbell@argus.ie when you get the chance. Looking forward to talking to you soon.
    All the best Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice post.. my Teddy is a humaine society rescue. he was about 5 months old when I adopted him...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails