Monday 15 June 2009

The walk for the Irish rescue doggies



Just back from the walk.
It was a really lovely day - after the weathermen telling us it was going to rain we had a totaly lovely time.

Mia had a little trouble at the start as we were on a narrow windy path where she didnt have much warning of dogs coming, but then after a couple of miles it opend out and she calmed down lots

When we set off walking we had about £700 pledged and that rose quite a bit by the end of the walk. Currently the total stands at just over £1000!!
Which is just fantastic
I will post the final result when we get it - of course we are still collecting - if you want to sponsor Mia and Ben please paypal me at pamduthie @ hotmail.com - even 50p will help the doggies lots

Here is the group after the walk - Mia is right on the end - but I never would have thought she could be so calm with so many dogs!!


I think about 6 of the dogs on the walk were Irish pound doggies, all happy in their new life and most training to be the agility stars of the future



The girl who organised it for us gave us theses cute certificates at the end


The bottom bit says (and beware - I was blubbing like a girl)

The reason

I would’ve died that day if not for you. I would’ve
given up on life if not for your kind eyes.
I would’ve used my teeth in fear
if not for your gentle hands. I would have left this life believing that all
humans don’t care
Believing there is no such thing as fur that isn’t matted,
skin that isn’t flea bitten,
Good food and enough of it, beds to sleep on,
someone to love me, to show me I deserve love just because I exist.
Your kind
eyes, your loving smile, your gentle hands Your big heart saved me…..
You
saved me from the terror of the pound. Soothing away the memories of my old
life.
You have taught me what it means to be loved. I have seen you do the
same for other dogs like me.
I have heard you ask yourself in times of
despair why you do it when there is no more money, no more room, no more
homes
You open your heart a little bigger, stretch the money a little
tighter, make just a little more room…
To save one more like me. I tell you
with the gratitude and love that shines in my eyes
In the best way I know how
Reminding you why you go on trying.
I am the reason. The dogs before me are
the reason as are the ones who come after.
Our lives would’ve been wasted,
our love never given
We would die if not for you



Sorry there are not more fotos of the walk but working a camera and keeping 2 dogs calm onlead just wasnt easy today

3 comments:

  1. Aw well done! What a great total for just one walk. Nice one.
    That poem just made me blub too.
    Have done the paypal thing, hope it works OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMg that beautiful saying/poem made me tear up! I would like to re-post that on my blog this week - would that be okay with you? It is lovely and SO true! We are so happy for you that the walk went well!

    Thanks for stopping by and visiting us and leaving your warm thoughts and prayers! We are so happy to be new friends with you!

    Wags, kisses, licks and hugs,
    Benson and Gibson

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey there,
    Well done on the money that you have raised and sorry to hear that you have had to edit your blog. But as you said, people without dogs might take things the wrong way. You should see the scraps between my mum's dogs!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails