Saturday 27 February 2010

Needle felting, beagle, stage 10


To attach the head to the body I take a large piece of fluffed up fleece and felt it into the back of the head







I then hold the head above the body in the position I would like it to end up in and I spend a long time firming up the neck, stabbing lots up into the head and down into the body to bring fibers through each and meshing the two pieces together firmly.




Keep stepping back and looking at the piece and adding more fleece to areas that are too skinny. At this stage you can pose the head a little, often it gets a little more life if you cock it to the side a little.
Spend LOTS of time felting the body now so it is very firm and smooth

2 comments:

  1. Love this wee tutorial series of yours Pamela! Have you thought about submitting it to http://www.instructables.com ? (I did that with my screen printing ones & it has driven a lot of traffic to my blog!) Jx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails