Thursday 18 February 2010

Needle felting, beagle, stage 4


To make the nose I use a small piece of black fleece.
First I roll it into a ball and then between my fingers I pinch a edge out slightly







Carefully holding this I gently stab into a kind of rounded triangle shape. At this point I have to be very careful to make sure I let the needle slide between my fingers rather than stab into my flesh (owwwch)




I do not firmly felt the nose at this point because I prefer to sculpt it into shape on the actual sculpture
Felt all around the nose onto the head shape being careful to angle the needle in towards the centre of the head, if the needle pokes out of the white fleece at this point it will have taken some of the black fleece with it and this will cause a tiny black spot to appear in the white fleece


Stabbing many times into each side not only forms nostrils in the nose but also makes sure it is well attached onto the head



2 comments:

  1. I'm so enjoying this demo, Pam.
    I'm full of admiration for how much detailed work goes into these dogs .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awahhhh, he's getting some personality now. Look at his little smile!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails