Friday 19 February 2010

Needle felting, beagle, stage 5

The lips really help to give the dog expression and life

To make these I tease out a few strands of fleece twisting them to make a cord like a thin peice of yarn - the thicker it is the easier it is to felt but of course too thick will look too clunky



Then I take the center of the cord and felt it in below the dogs nose

Felting one side at a time I make an upside down V from the nose to the mouth felting the cord to the nose.

I then take the cord from the front of the mouth all the way to the back corner in a U shape


This helps define the dogs smile, it takes tiny delecate stabs with the needle to secure without burying the cord.
I then felt along the bottom lip to meet the ends of the cord in the middle of the bottom lip

2 comments:

  1. Bless him! You can really see his little face coming along now his smile goes in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. McFuzzylugz felting rox! Thanks for the detailed pix. I luv watching this take shape, soon he'l be barking at the door to go out.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails