Saturday 20 February 2010

Needle felting, beagle, stage 6


Now the face is really starting to shape up and look a lot more like a dog it is time to work on the eyes.
First I add two ovals in black. The dents I made earlier make it easier to see where to put them.




Next I decide which way I want the eyes to be looking and add a C shape of white on the inside side opposite where I want the eyes to be looking. I leave a small amount of the black showing on the outside edge as this defines the eye



I then add a blob of the eye colour. Sometimes I just add another C shape but with small eyes this is fiddly and the blob makes the eye more rounded. Again I leave some black showing all round the eye, and if possible a little between the eye colour and the white adds a little more cartoon look.

Then I add a small ball of black to make the pupil and an even smaller ball of white to make a glint in the eye. Manipulating gently with the needle makes this ball into a more pointed shape I like but you can just have a spot of white.





Now I spend some time really felting the eyes in, sculpting them slightly rounded by felting more firmly round the edges and less on the top being careful not to distort any of the detail

2 comments:

  1. Lovely eyes. I am thinking you must have the patience of a saint in creating these little masterpieces :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great site those fluffy dog things are cool!

    Also saw you had a border collie x and wondered if you'd be interested in the border collie forum.
    they welcome border collie x's on there too!
    http://www.bordercollieforum.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails