Wednesday 24 February 2010

Needle felting, beagle, stage 8


With the wolf I didnt use a frame to make the body but often I use a frame to allow gentle posing and to help keep the size somewhere sensible (I tend to make them bigger and bigger)





I cut two lengths of pipe cleaner and fold in the ends (so there are no sharp bits of wire) I then fold them into a rough body shape and twist the middle together.
Starting with the legs I wind wool around the frame. It is important to felt lots here in lots of directions to smooth out the areas where the wool was wrapped


Also the firmer this base is the easier the next bits are to felt.
Keep felting until the fleece is smooth and firm, this should take well over an hour

1 comment:

  1. What a journey!
    Your little fuzzies are certainly crafted with love xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails