Thursday 21 April 2011

Pug




In art class at school I was told not to do anything cartoony, cartoon was not a decent art form.

This has kind of stayed with me all my life, although I love manga and can see the amazing skill that goes into that work I have still struggled on and on to make my sculptures look as realistic as I can







Tried - and lets face it failed!













So I decided to see what would happen if I stopped fighting it

What happens if I actually set out to make my sculptures more cartoony










and so the first in my real attempts at cartoonifying my wool :)











A Pug

He actually made me smile all the time making him, although those wrinkles were A LOT of work

He is very firmly felted with large bug eyes, head and back wrinkles and little paw pads

1 comment:

  1. I think your work has always had that element - so nice to see you give it free rein!
    I LOVE the cartoon Pug :) xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails